In this episode, we sit down with Skip Kelly, founder and CEO of Thrive Dojo – a holistic recovery program that involves a series of isometric contractions and neuromuscular exercises designed to strengthen your body not by exertion, but by creating better mind-muscle connections.
- Thrive Dojo course (use code BB10 at checkout for special discount)
- Becoming a Fulfillionaire podcast (hosted by Skip Kelly)
- What is The Thrive Dojo + Prehabbing? video by Kylegotcamera
What we discuss in this episode:
- The accident that changed the trajectory of Skip’s career and life mission
- What Skip learned as a corrective exercise specialist — and how it helped shape the future of the Thrive Dojo
- Why Skip believes EVERYONE has the capacity to heal themselves
- Why the Muscle Activation Technique can be effective form of recovery therapy
- OId v. new philosophies around pain management
- How Skip healed his back and sprained ankle using the Dojo method
- What makes the Thrive Dojo system so effective for people dealing with chronic injuries and pain?
- Mental benefits of the Dojo and how it can serve as both a meditation for your mind AND muscles
- Metaphysical experiences and the Dojo
- Skip’s experience with record-breaking HRV scores from the Dojo
- Benefits of barefoot shoes and how to make the transition from full support to zero drop soles
- Skip’s thoughts on foam rolling, massages, chiropractic, and tools for pain management
Skip Kelly is your friendly neighborhood “fulfillionaire” (and host of the Becoming a Fulfillionaire podcast) whom at the age of 18 injured 5 intervertebral disks in his lower back leaving him in chronic pain for 3 years as he sought out education to heal himself.
On the journey to healing he began helping others and has never stopped the search for deeper truths about the body and life. His company, Thrive Dojo, has been creating an entire ecosystem for people to heal, become more present in their lives, and create a body they can feel more joy with.
ABOUT BEAUTY & THE BIOHACKER:
ABOUT RACHEL & KATIE:
- Learn more with Rachel Varga BScN, RN, CANS, Board Certified Aesthetic Nurse Specialist https://RachelVarga.ca
- BOOK YOUR ONE ON ONE Virtual Skin and Aging Consultation with Rachel Varga here: https://RachelVarga.ca/get-started
- Learn more with Katie Type A: https://katietypea.com
- Check out Katie Type A’s YouTube Channel: https://bit.ly/3le3MUJ
DISCLAIMER: Information in this podcast and interview is not to be taken as medical advice, and always consult with your Physician before making any lifestyle changes. The material shared by guests in this podcast is not the opinion of Rachel Varga or Katie Moore, and disclaims any responsibility of inaccurate credentials of guests or information used that may cause harm. Always consult with your licensed Physician before any lifestyle modifications.