In this episode, we sit down with Benjamin Lillibridge (Founder/Funguy of Hawaii-based superfood company Mālama Mushrooms). We get a little nerdy…and a little wild…as we discuss all-things mushrooms as it relates to skincare, longevity and optimized health!
- Health benefits of popular “superfood” mushrooms (Chaga, Reishi, Lion’s Mane)
- Blending mushrooms with Raw Cacao and Honey for synergistic benefits
- Mycelium v. Fruiting Bodies: What should consumers know about mushroom labels?
- Tremella mushrooms in skincare
- Foraging tips for beginners
- Only 7% of the fungi have been discovered – what about the other 93%?
- Future trends in the mushroom industry?
- and much more!
- Mālama Mushrooms – Use code B&B15 for 15% off.
- The Hawaii Fungi Project (non-profit)
- DIY Mushroom Facemasks (blog post)
- iNaturalist app
ABOUT MALAMA: Mālama Mushrooms is a family-owned, superfood mushroom company based in Kona, Hawaii. Their mission is to share the health & wellness benefits of superfood mushrooms with the world.
Malama first fruited in 2015 as a small farm in Kona, Hawaii when Ben produced his first Hawaiian-grown mushrooms whilst living on a farm in a mango-tree house. He started by utilizing a underground lava-formed cave to cultivate the first mushrooms of the business and fast forward to today, he has wrangled in his family & friends to help his mushroom mission of creating & sharing fung-tional superfood mushroom products that integrate easily into your daily routine and to support your overall health & wellness.
Watch the interview here!
- LEARN MORE: Mālama Mushrooms – Use code B&B15 for 15% off.
ABOUT BENJAMIN: Benjamin Lillibridge is the founder & funguy of Hawaii-based fung-tional superfood company, Mālama Mushrooms. Ben started off as an agriculturist & environmental scientist and then refocused his efforts on helping educate people on the benefits of medicinal mushrooms after studying mycology. He’s also the founder of the Hawaii Fungi Project — a non-profit that works to identify, sequence, map, & monitor some of the undocumented mushrooms that grow on the Hawaiian Islands.
If you want to learn more about some of our go-to products for recovery and performance, check out our B&B Favorites Page: https://beautyandthebiohacker.com/favourites
ABOUT BEAUTY & THE BIOHACKER:
- Learn more: beautyandthebiohacker.com
- Email us at [email protected]
ABOUT RACHEL & KATIE:
- Learn more with Rachel Varga BScN, RN, CANS, Board Certified Aesthetic Nurse Specialist https://RachelVarga.ca
- BOOK YOUR ONE ON ONE Virtual Skin and Aging Consultation with Rachel Varga here: https://RachelVarga.ca/get-started
- Learn more with Katie Type A: https://katietypea.com
- Check out Katie Type A’s YouTube Channel: https://bit.ly/3le3MUJ
DISCLAIMER: Information in this podcast and interview is not to be taken as medical advice, and always consult with your Physician before making any lifestyle changes. The material shared by guests in this podcast is not the opinion of Rachel Varga or Katie Moore, and disclaims any responsibility of inaccurate credentials of guests or information used that may cause harm. Always consult with your licensed Physician before any lifestyle modifications.